Plastic Machining Capabilities
American Micro Industries is unique in its ability to fabricate machined parts from a variety of plastics. Our clients include manufacturers, aerospace and defense contractors, automotive suppliers and more, all of whom have unique material requirements. To offer solutions to a broader range of industries and sectors, we can work with:
- Acetal resins such as Delrin®. Our acetal machining capabilities produce parts that are lightweight, FDA compliant, low friction and wear resistant. Automotive and medical applications often use machined Delrin parts.
- Acrylics such as Plexiglas® and Lucite®. Machining acrylics requires specialized equipment and highly skilled operators to reduce the risk of delamination — contact American Micro Industries for assistance determining whether this is the right choice for your project.
- Noryl®, a modified polyphenylene oxide (PPO) resin. Noryl offers good stability, creep resistance and a low specific gravity, but poor chemical resistance. Pumps, valves and fittings frequently used machined Noryl components.
- PVC and CPVC, two fire-resistant thermoplastics commonly used in plumbing and insulation components. CPVC is the more durable and ductile of the two, making it suitable for more demanding applications.
- PVDF plastics such as Kynar® and Solef®. PVDF machining produces flexible components with high abrasion resistance and thermal stability, ideal for use in electrical systems.
- Polycarbonate thermoplastic polyesters, such as Lexan®. American Micro Industries offers Lexan polycarbonate machining for automotive and aerospace manufacturers, among other clients.
- Polypropylene, a polymer with good chemical and fatigue resistance. Polypropylene can be machined to produce dielectric insulators, medical products and construction parts and components.
- Teflon® and other polytetrafluoroethylene polymers. Teflon has a low coefficient of friction.
- UHMW and HDPE plastics. We can match you with the right polyethylene material for your application, whether you’re looking for something with good chemical resistance, rigidity or any other property.